Truly Wearable Art with Laverne Zabielski
Welcome to my rich and radiant world of unapologetic feminine expression from the inside out. I'm Laverne Zabielski, an artist, writer and truly wearable art designer. In my perfect world, no woman wears only black. And if she does, she almost always adds an element of color.
My mission is to help women at midlife and beyond stop suppressing and start expressing their unique, colorful, deeper selves through what they wear. Each statement piece in my one-of-a-kind wearable art collection is handmade and designed to get women to express who they really are, what they like and what they stand for. Many of my designs are made using fabric that I shibori.
Wearable art is a form of expression that unveils the authentic, incomparable you. It doesn't have to be expensive. Your collection can grow slowly beginning with scarves of many colors and shawls that envelop you, and later, your more significant statement pieces can help you express yourself from the inside out when a stance is desired.
When you put on a magnetic piece of clothing that qualifies as truly wearable art, you feel as if you’re wearing your soulskin you thought you had long lost.
My customers buy truly wearable art pieces for two reasons:
- The uplifting energy and self-confidence each piece hand-made with love through a long, intricate process permeates into their mood and stance in any occasion they wear it.
- The way each piece complements and brings out the uniqueness of their personality, style and story and that beautifies them in ways only real art can do.
It's never too late to unfurl or express yourself no matter what your past experience with your body or the way you carried yourself has been.
There may have been containment. Your range of reaching out might have been limited. But now, when you’re in the deepest, ripest years of your life you’re ready to open up, spread further and fully express yourself.
And you're ready to be seen for who you are—full, vibrant and bold.
So, throw away your black or add color to it now. Unleash all the hues, flavors, emotions, and creativity of a life lived. There is no more holding back.
- Read about my background and how I learned to embrace my own colorful, layered life. It wasn't always easy.
- Sign up for my newsletter so I can email you a small gift as well as occasional updates, essays and subscriber-only specials.
- Take a look at my portfolio and visit my shop.
- Find my work at the stores:
- Main Cross Gallery, Lexington
- MS Rezny Studio Gallery, Lexington, KY
- The Kentucky Museum of Art and Craft, Louisville
- KOI Gallery at Galt House, Louisville
- Bellagio's, Asheville, NC
- Great Artists Collective, New Orleans, LA
- Damselfly Gallery, Midway, KY
- Fireside Gallery, Berea, KY
- The Kentucky Artisan Center, Berea, KY